Who doesnât enjoy a fun cross-country road trip? Driving down the quiet, open road, passing by beautiful natural beauty and being able to stop whenever you like – sounds like a dream vacation, doesnât it? The good news is that there are quite a few epic road trips from around the world that you can choose from, in all different climates and countries. Hereâs our list of the top ten best road trips to take.
1. Durban to Cape Town, South Africa. Called the Garden Route, this road trip is full of natural beauty that consists of wild animals, attractive coastlines, and top notch dining with some great wine. Itâs an exotic and colorful two-week trip thatâs a must for long drive lovers.
2. Causeway Coastal Route, Northern Ireland. It may take four days or little more to explore this Irish splendor. Take in the amazing sights and scenic beauty of Belfast, Carrick-a-Rede Bridge, Dark Hedges, and donât forget about the Game of Thrones set locations.
3. Hana Highway, Hawaii. Just saying âHawaiiâ is more than enough to grab the attention of travel enthusiasts. Go to Maui and enjoy this one day trip from Paia to Hana. The route has up to 59 bridges, a visit to the Bamboo Forest, seven Sacred Pools, and a ton of gorgeous waterfalls, making it a road trip not to miss.
4. South Island, New Zealand. South Island is well known for its diverse landscape and breathtaking natural beauty. If you want to make this excursion budget-friendly, find a bus tour as there are many to choose from. The real adventure lies, however, in hitting the road and doing it on your own. Pass by the Pancake Rocks, Lake Tekapo, Milford Sound, and Kaikoura to enjoy four long weeks of full road tripping.
5. Milford Road, New Zealand. This amazing New Zealand road trip is filled with mind-blowing nature and is a must on this list. Pass by the Disappearing Mountain that creates an optical illusion of getting smaller as you approach, as well as the Mirror Lakes that actually reflect their surroundings with acute clarity. Needless to say, these 90 minutes will undoubtedly add to your New Zealand drive holidays.
6. Great Ocean Road, Australia. Koala, kangaroos, penguins, lighthouses, cliffs, rainforests, mountains, and oceans are just a few of the excitement youâll see on this famous route. The Bells Beach is considered a haven for surfers, and Apollo Bay is a treat for swimmers of all levels. You can also take a bike or horse riding tour down this route as itâs only around a four hour drive.
7. The Alcan Highway from Canada to Alaska. If youâre really adventurous and want to see wild animals like grizzly bears and wolves, then check out this road trip. It has crystal clear lakes, gorgeous mountains, and hot springs like the Liard River Hot Springs. You can hike, ride bikes, or simply cherish it the way you want. This is a one day drive to explore.
8. Amalfi Coast Road, Italy. This drive is seventy five minutes and you can bask in the coastline, historical churches, and pastel villages. Driving down this road will make you feel like youâre in an old romantic painting.
9. Jebel Hafeet, United Arab Emirates. A drive of thirty minutes will take you to a palace and a gorgeous hotel. However, you will treasure this half an hour because the smooth road will remind you of a race track in the Hafeet Mountain.
10. Ring Road, Iceland. If you never become bored of snow-capped mountains and windy roads, then consider this two week drive. Youâll be able to check out Skogafoss waterfall, Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, and the Horseback Riding SkagafjÃ¶rÃ°ur Region. And if youâre lucky, youâll be able to catch the Northern Lights at night!
The post Ten Best Road Trips in the World appeared first on Geeky Traveller.