St Lucia is one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. Some of its major attractions include stunning crescent shaped beaches, lush mountains, pretty fishing villages, reefs, rainforests, geothermal attractions and waterfalls. With a host of beautiful things to see and do, you can surely enjoy a relaxing holiday in St Lucia. Here are some of the best places to explore while on a trip to the scenic island.
- The Pitons – The twin towering peaks is the best-known attraction in the region. Formed by volcanic activity an estimated 300,000 years ago, the mountains are regarded as difficult climbs. The small, colorful village of Soufriere provides one of the greatest views of the twin peaks.
- Marigot Bay – If you are looking to enjoy a relaxing holiday in St Lucia, this place must be on your list of must-visit destinations. Marigot Bay is considered the most beautiful bay on the region. Offering scenic sights and a wide range of water activities, it is one of the best-known tourist spots in the region.
- Castries – If you are looking to enjoy a relaxing holiday in St Lucia, the most prominent city in the island is worthy of a visit. Its best feature – the soaring Morne Fortune that serves as the scenic backdrop. While a lot of the historic buildings in the city has been destroyed by major fires, it still makes for a charming place to visit.
- Anse Chastanet Marine National Park – The park is home to a wide range of sea life across different depths. Divers can sight soft corals, colored sponges, brain corals and boulder coreal, among others. Divers can also see several varieties of fish, including goatfish, parrotfish, chromis, wrasse and barracudas.
- Pigeon Island – This island was joined to the mainland during the 1970s when a sandy causeway was built. The island became a national park in 1992. Spread across 40 acres, it is home to several hiking trails that lead to spectacular sights of the surrounding islands, beaches and archaeological ruins. It has a wide array of historic sites on display and is definitely a must-visit.
- Soufrière Volcano – Caribbean destinations are well known for their stunning natural attractions and this is one of the best of them. Also known as the Sulphur Springs, this is the place where you can find a drive-in volcano – the only one in the world. There are not many places in the world where you can get close to a volcano, and this is definitely one of the highlights of St Lucia tourism. The volcano is now dormant, but scientists claim that it can erupt in around 100 years.
Routinely voted as the best Caribbean island and the best honeymoon destination, Saint Lucia makes for an ideal holiday spot for several reasons. Whether you are looking for adventure, rejuvenation or romance, you are sure to enjoy a relaxing holiday in St Lucia. To have a hassle-free and pleasant vacation, make sure to complete your bookings in advance.